Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
A perfect lunch whether at home or school. This sandwich is not your everyday tuna sammie. The secret? Lemon juice and olive oil.
- 1 (5 ounce) can tuna, drained well
- 1.2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Juice from 1 wedge of lemon
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 4 slice whole grain bread
- 2 lettuce leaves (romaine, Boston or red-leaf lettuce)
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- Large bowl
- Spatula or wooden spoon
- In a large bowl, combine the tuna with mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon, and pepper.
- Mash well with fork.
- Toast the bread.
- Top two slices with tuna, lettuce and tomatoes. Then top with the remaining slices of bread. Serve.