Thai Rainbow Salad
Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
Brimming with bright colours, this crunchy salad with remind you of being in a Thai restaurant. Try each herb on its own to see which is your favourite, then mix them together to add a delicious pop to this salad.
- 3 cups thinly sliced carrots (julienne or matchstick size)
- 3 cups thinly sliced red peppers (julienne or matchstick size)
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions, white and green parts
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 ½ teaspoon mirin
- 1 ½ tablespoon finely minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- ½ teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- In large bowl, combine carrots, peppers, green onions, basil, cilantro and mint. Toss to combine.
- In small bowl, combine lime juice, soy sauce, honey, vinegar, miring, ginger, oil, water and sesame oil.
- Pour dressing over salad and toss to combine before serving.
Adapted from Diabetes Canada: www.diabetes.ca/diabetes-and-you/recipes/rainbow-salad-with-thai-dressing