Recipe by: Mirko
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook TIme: 10 minutes
- 2 tsp (10 mL) canola oil
- 3/4 lb (12 oz) lean ground beef
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 6 small whole wheat flour tortillas
- 1 cup (250 mL) cooked brown rice
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded lettuce
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- Plain Greek yogurt
- In a skillet, heat oil over medium heat and cook onion and jalapeño for 3 minutes or until softened. Add beef and salt; stirring and breaking up with wooden spoon for about 5 minutes or until no longer pink. Remove from heat.
- Spoon some of the beef mixture into tortillas and top with rice, lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Dollop with yogurt and roll up to enjoy.