Taco Chicken Salad
Recipe by: William
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
- 1 lb (455 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil
- 2 tsp (10 mL) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) each dried oregano and ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 6 cups (1.5 L) chopped romaine lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) guacamole
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) sour cream
- In a bowl, combine chicken, oil, chili powder, oregano, cumin, salt and pepper until well coated.
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium high heat and cook chicken mixture for about 10 minutes, stirring often until chicken is no longer pink inside. Set aside.
- In a serving bowl or platter, combine lettuce, tomatoes and cheese. Divide among 4 plates and top with cooked chicken. Dollop each plate with guacamole and sour cream to serve.
- Tip: For a smokey and spicier version switch up the chili powder for chipotle chilli powder and reduce it to 1 tsp (5 mL).