Sweet Chili Tofu Stir Fry
Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
If you’re new to tofu (which is made from soybeans), this is a great recipe to start with. You could also use cubed chicken with this stir-fry! This is also a great dish to use vegetables that are in season in your area.
- 5 oz firm tofu, cut into cubes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup sliced Spanish onion
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup baby carrots, cut into bite-size pieces
- 3⁄4 cup sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 1⁄2 cup julienned red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable broth or water
- 1⁄4 cup sweet chili sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
- Large wok or nonstick frying pan
- Heat a wok or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil. Brown tofu on both sides, then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion to wok and sauté. for 1 minute. Add broccoli, carrots, peas and red pepper; stir-fry until tender-crisp, about 5 minutes.
- Return tofu to wok and stir in broth, chili sauce and orange zest. Heat until bubbling.
- Transfer stir-fry to serving platter and sprinkle with cilantro, if using.
Used with permission from EatRight Ontario: www.eatrightontario.ca/en/Recipes/Vegetarian/Sweet-Chili-Tofu-Stir-Fry.aspx
© Dietitians of Canada