Sunny Energy Bites
Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
With a few simple ingredients, these easy-to-make bites are a perfect snack to prepare ahead. Bonus they take 10 minutes to make and no baking is required. You can enjoy these bites straight out of the freezer, or you can serve them at room temperature.
- 1 cup large flake rolled oats
- 1/2 cup soynut or sunflower seed butter
- 1/2 cup ground flax seeds
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips OR raisins
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Large bowl
- Baking sheet
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, stir together oats, flax, chocolate chips, sunflower butter, honey, cranberries and vanilla until well combined.
- Using your hands (yes it’s messy, but it’s the best way to get it done), knead the ingredients until the oats are sticking together and mixture is uniform.
- Using a rounded tablespoon, scoop out a tablespoon of oat mixture and roll it tightly into a bite-sized ball. Place granola bite on parchment paper. Repeat until oat mixture is used up.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for two hours
- Store the bites in a freezer-safe container. Keep frozen for convenience.