Stella’s wild blueberry smoothie
Recipe by: Stella
Smoothies are super popular in our household and wild blueberries are even more popular in our province! This smoothie is packed with healthy ingredients to kick start your day or provide a midday pick me up. Our family owns a small wild blueberry field here in Nova Scotia and Stella has spent many hours each summer in the field picking blueberries with her grandfather and two older sisters. We look forward to filling our freezer every august during harvest so that we have blueberries on hand throughout the winter for our smoothies. Stella loves experimenting and making new yummy smoothies recipes with some of her favourite ingredients, all year round. If you use fresh blueberries and fresh pineapple make sure to add ice before blending. The pineapple gives it a touch of sweetness and the twist of lime gives it a freshness we know you’ll love. We hope you enjoy this delicious smoothie as much as we do!
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup wild blueberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/2 cup frozen pineapple
- 1 small banana
- 1/2 cup spinach
- 1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tbsp hemp hearts
- Juice of half a lime
- Using a larger blender add in 1 cup of almond milk. You can also substitute with your favourite beverage such as soy milk, oat milk or coconut milk.
- Then add in the cup of wild blueberries and 1/2 cup frozen pineapple.
- Add in one small banana
- Then add 1/2 cup of spinach and 1/2 a cup of plain Greek yogurt
- Lastly, add 1 tablespoon of hemp hearts, which contains lots of healthy protein, and the juice of half a lime.
- Put lid lightly on the blender. Starting at the lowest speed, turn on the blender and slowly increase the speed, blending all ingredients until smooth, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- Pour your smoothie into two ice cold glasses.
- Garnish with a slice of lime if desired.
- Drink and enjoy :)