Simple Lentil Soup
Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
This recipe is as easy as it gets, but it’s a soup that tastes restaurant-quality! To change the flavour profile of the soup, try adding either a teaspoon of cumin, or a teaspoon of dill. It’s such a versatile base!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion or shallot
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 celery stalk, diced
- 1 small sweet potato, diced
- 1 cup red lentils, sorted and rinsed
- 4 cups low sodium broth or water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Large pot
- Cutting board
- Heat oil in large pot. Add garlic and onion. Cook, stirring, until fragrant and tender – about 3 minutes.
- Add carrots, celery and sweet potato and combine well. Cook about 3 minutes.
- Stir in red lentils and broth. Boil. Reduce heat, cover and let cook 30 minutes. Serve.
Adapted from: www.thekitchn.com/recipe-red-lentil-soup-recipes-from-the-kitchn-212392