Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
Canada is known throughout the world for its fish, especially its salmon. This dish can be served with brown rice, barley, quinoa, mashed sweet potatoes, or stir-fry veggies.
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each), skin on
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon fresh ginger, minced
- 2 tablespoons sodium-reduced soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- Large nonstick pan
- Small bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Heat oven to 350°F
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, vinegar, maple syrup, ginger and soy sauce.
- Place salmon in a baking dish and cover with sauce. Bake 10 minutes per inch of thickness of the fillet, until salmon is opaque in the center. Sprinkle with sesame seeds and serve with vegetable brown rice.