Pull Apart Cheesy Bread
Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
This is classic garlic bread with a fun twist. Ooey gooey mozzarella and fontina cheese make this interactive appetizer so much fun to pull apart!
- 1 large baguette or boule (round bread)
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Pinch kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 cup shredded fontina
- Small frying pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Using a serrated knife, cross-hatch baguette, making slices every inch in both directions and making sure to not slice all the way through the bottom of baguette.
- In a small frying pan, melt butter. Add garlic, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper. Cook one minute. Set aside.
- Brush baguette with melted butter mixture, making sure to get inside cross-hatches.
- Stuff each crosshatch with mozzarella and fontina and wrap bread completely in foil.
- Bake until cheese is melted and bread is warm and toasty, 20 minutes.
- Let cool 5 minutes, then serve.