Pudding au chomeur with Raspberries
Recipe by: Cordelia
A delicious pudding au chomeur with raspberries.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Serves: 8 to 10
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 1 can (540 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) granulated sugar
- 4 tsp (20 mL) baking powder
- 4 tsp (20 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) butter, melted
- 2 pkg (170 g each) fresh raspberries
- In a 10 cup (2.5 L) baking dish gently whisk together sugar, maple syrup and water.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Add milk and butter; mix well. Gently stir in raspberries. Spoon large dollops of batter all over maple syrup mixture. Bake in preheated 350ºF (180ºC) oven for 40 to 50 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly. Let cool slightly before serving.