Pizza French Toast
Recipe by: Isaac
A fun twist on pizza with your favorite toppings. Easy to make and yummy to eat! Makes 6 pieces.
- 6 slices bread
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 - 150 ml can tomato paste
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tbsp wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 6 back bacon slices
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- For the pizza sauce: combine tomato paste, spices, garlic, wine vinegar, maple syrup, salt and water in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs and milk. Whisk.
- Heat large frying pan over medium heat and add butter.
- When butter is melted, soak bread slices in egg mixture one at a time and place on heated frying pan.
- Flip after a few minutes when egg is cooked and golden brown. Cook similarly on second side and remove from pan when done.
- Place french toast slices on a baking sheet. Set oven to low broil.
- Spread tomato sauce on each slice. Add 1 back bacon slice to each piece, and sprinkle red pepper. Add grated cheese to cover each slice.
- Put in oven until cheese is melted and bubbly. Enjoy!