Recipe by: Noah
This is a warm and yummy soup that is perfect for any day!
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
Serves: 6 to 8
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) chopped onion
- 3 cups (750 mL) chopped lightly packed kale leaves (about 2 large stalks)
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 cups (1.5 L) vegetable broth
- 1 can (28 oz/796 mL) diced tomatoes with juices
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped cauliflower
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) small dry pasta
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen mixed vegetables (carrots, peas, corn)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) canned cannellini, white navy or white kidney beans
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) basil pesto
- Grated Parmesan cheese (optional)
- In a soup pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook, stirring for about 5 minutes or until softened. Stir in kale and garlic; cook for about 3 minutes or until kale is wilted.
- Add broth, tomatoes and cauliflower; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta; cover slightly and simmer for about 10 minutes or until pasta is tender. Add frozen vegetables and beans; simmer for 5 minutes to heat through.
- Ladle into soup bowls and dollop each with pesto to serve. Sprinkle with cheese, if desired.
- Tip: Soup can be made, covered and refrigerated for up to 4 days.