Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
These are perfect with spaghetti, or try adding them to Pasta Pomodoro. They also taste great in a sub sandwich with tomato sauce and mozzarella cheese.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Coarse salt and freshly cracked black pepper, to
- 1 lb. lean ground beef (454 gm)
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Large baking sheet
- Small sauté. pan
- Medium bowl
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Heat a small sauté. pan over medium-high heat and heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the onion, garlic, salt and pepper and sauté. for 3 minutes, or until softened. Remove from heat and cool completely.
- Combine the cooled onion mix, ground beef, egg, parsley, Worcestershire sauce and breadcrumbs in a medium bowl. Mix gently until just combined.
- Using wet hands, form mixture into 24 balls. Transfer meatballs to a large baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs in the oven for about 15 to 20 minutes or until meatballs are browned and cooked through to 165°F. Shift the pans in the oven halfway through cooking time to ensure even browning. Serve with tomato sauce on pasta, or on skewers as an appetizer.
Adapted from: www.foodnetwork.ca/recipe/kids-spaghetti-and-meatballs/4524/#F19t5CQ31AG3Dw6f.99