Honey Raisin Banana Bread
Recipe by: Jorja
This is a healthy version of banana bread with honey instead of sugar, whole wheat flour instead of white and the addition of raisins.
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Bake Time: 1 hour
Yield: 12 slices
- 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) golden raisins
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) liquid honey
- 2 eggs
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) mashed ripe bananas (about 2)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Lightly grease 8 x 4 inch (1.5 L) loaf pan and line with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt. In another small bowl, toss raisins with 1 tbsp of flour mixture; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat together butter and honey until creamy. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in mashed banana and vanilla. Add flour mixture and stir until just combined. Stir in raisins. Scrape batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated 350ºF (180ºC) oven for about 1 hour or until tester comes out clean. Let cool in pan on rack for 20 minutes before turning out and let cool completely on rack.