Healthy Mini Chocolate Tarts
Recipe by: Thatcher
Preparation Time: 20 minutes
Soaking Time: 3 hours
Cook Time: 12 minutes
- 2 cups (500 mL) gluten free all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegan butter substitute (such as Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) raw cashews, soaked for 3 hours
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pure maple syrup
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) coconut milk
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) fresh berries
- In a bowl, stir together flour and salt. Add butter substitute and rub through flour with your fingers until it is in small pieces. Add water and stir with a fork to bring together a ragged dough. Knead a few times to bring together into a dough.
- Divide dough into 12 pieces and flatten into 12 greased muffin tins to come halfway up the sides of tins. Bake in 350 F (180 C) oven for 12 to 14 minutes or until light golden. Let cool.
- Filling: Drain cashews well and place in a high power blender (such as a Vitamix) with cocoa powder, maple syrup, coconut milk and vanilla. Blend until super smooth.
- Spoon filling into baked tart shells and top with berries. Refrigerate for 2 hours before serving.