Healthy Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins
Recipe by: Brianna
My family’s delicious Banana Chocolate Chip Muffins are healthy whole wheat banana muffins with a pop of chocolate occasionally. They are tongue tingling and teeth reverberating. They are my favorite thing to make.
- 3 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple sauce
- 3 tbsp vegetable Oil
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 Cup wheat germ
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup flax meal
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine salt, baking powder, baking soda, wheat germ, flour, cinnamon and flax.
- Combine the bananas, egg, vanilla, honey, apple sauce and vegetable oil.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients until combined. Do not over mix as now we will add chocolate chips.
- Grease your muffin tin. This recipe will make 12 regular muffins or 24 mini muffins.
- Using an ice cream scoop, evenly pour the muffin batter into the tin.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the oven until golden brown.
- Let cool and enjoy!