Hannah’s Berry-Tastic Salsa
Berry Salsa with cinnamon sugar tortilla chips.
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 8 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 4 tsp (20 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- 5 small flour tortillas
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, melted
- 7 large fresh strawberries, chopped
- 1 pkg (170 g) fresh blueberries
- 1 pkg (170 g) fresh raspberries
- 2 tsp (10 mL) lemon juice
- Granulated sugar (optional)
- In a small bowl, stir together sugar and cinnamon; set aside.
- Brush 1 tortilla with some of the butter and sprinkle with some of the cinnamon sugar. Cut into triangles and place on large baking sheet. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Bake in preheated 350ºF (180ºC) oven for about 8 minutes or until golden and crisp. Let cool completely.
- In a bowl, combine half each of the strawberries, blueberries and raspberries. Using a fork, crush berries well and stir in lemon juice. Add remaining strawberries, blueberries and raspberries to combine. Taste salsa and add sugar to sweeten if desired.
- Serve with tortilla chips.