Glorious Greek Salad
Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
This refreshing salad blends cucumber and tomato with zesty feta cheese for an excellent appetizer. You can also serve this salad over a bed of greens, such as romaine lettuce or spinach. Make it a meal by adding sliced chicken breast or chickpeas.
- 2 large tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 English cucumber, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- 1/4 cup pitted Kalamata olives
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley or mint
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese (about 2 ounces)
- Large bowl
- Cutting board
- In a large bowl, add tomato, cucumber, red pepper, olives and herbs
- In a small bowl, whisk together olive oil, vinegar and oregano.
- Pour dressing over vegetables. Gently mix in cheese. Serve.