Garlic Moose Melt
Recipe by: Rebecca
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 1 lb (454 g) moose, venison or bison steaks, cut into strips
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and pepper
- 6 slices bacon
- 1 garlic bread baguette
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella
- In skillet, heat oil over medium high heat and add moose, onion, salt and pepper. Reduce heat to medium low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In another skillet, cook bacon until crispy. Remove to paper towel lined plate.
- Cut garlic bread in half and place on baking sheet. Divide moose and onion mixture over top of bread. Crumble bacon over top of each. Sprinkle with cheese and bake in 375 F (190 C) oven for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and bread is toasted. Cut each baguette in half to serve.