Fruity Spice Energy Bars
Recipe by: Isaac
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Chill Time: 4 hours
Yield: 32 small bars or 16 large bars
- 2 cups (500 mL) pitted dates
- 2 cups (500 mL) dried apricots
- 1 cup (250 mL) large flake oats
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground cloves
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) pure maple syrup
- In a large bowl, soak dates in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain well.
- Place soaked dates, apricots, oats, pumpkin seeds, cinnamon and cloves in food processor and pulse until broken up and starting to combine. Drizzle in maple syrup and blend until incorporated and there are still some chunks in the mixture.
- Line an 8 inch (20 cm) square pan with parchment or wax paper. Scrape date mixture into pan and using damp spatula press down mixture into pan to even out. Freeze for at least 4 hours or until solid. Cut into 32 small bars or 16 large bars and wrap each bar in plastic wrap and place in resealable bag or container. Store in freezer.