Amber’s Fruity Blast Muffins
Recipe by: Amber
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter, softened
- 3/4 cup (180 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 2 cups (500 mL) all purpose or whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) milk
- 2 cups (500 mL) blueberries or chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease or line 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter and sugar. Add the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each. Beat in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt. Stir into the butter mixture. Add the milk and then the fruit, stirring until batter is just moistened. Spoon into the muffin pan.
- Bake for about 25 minutes or until light golden brown and toothpick inserted in the centre comes out clean. Let cool slightly before enjoying.