French Toast Kebabs
Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
Who doesn’t love food on a stick? What a fun way to serve French toast at your next sleepover!
- 8 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup nonfat buttermilk
- Pinch of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf unsliced whole grain bread, crusts removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 2 bananas, sliced
- Maple syrup (optional)
- Medium bowl
- Large pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, buttermilk, salt, and vanilla. Stir in bread
- In a large sauté pan set over medium heat, melt 2 tablespoons butter. Place half of the bread mixture in pan; cook, turning occasionally with a spatula, until browned on all sides.
- Cook remaining bread in the remaining 2 tablespoons butter as before.
- Thread bread cubes onto skewers alternating with blueberries, raspberries, and banana slices. Serve immediately with maple syrup, if desired.