Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
When you don’t have time to make pizza dough from scratch, use flatbread instead. It’s chewier and thicker, like deep-dish pizza, and crisps up perfectly in the oven.
- 1 large whole grain flatbread or naan
- ½ cup tomato sauce
- ½ cup sliced vegetables – mushrooms, peppers, broccoli, zucchini, onion, etc.
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ¾ cup mozzarella, shredded
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves (optional)
- Baking sheet
- Spoon or spatula
- Parchment paper
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Place the flatbread on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Add tomato sauce to flatbread.
- Top with vegetables, spinach, mozzarella and basil (if using).
- Put it in the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Slice and serve.