Fish Tacos with Fish Taco Sauce
Recipe by: Kymari
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Serves: 4 to 6
- 1 tsp (5 mL) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) pepper
- 1 1/2 lb (750 g) tilapia fillets (about 4 large)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) each canola oil and butter
- 8 medium white corn or small flour tortillas
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded cabbage or coleslaw mix
- Half small cucumber, diced
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded Parmesan or mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lime juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) each garlic powder and dill weed
- Pinch each salt and pepper
- Fish Taco Sauce: In a bowl, whisk together sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic powder, dill weed, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, stir together salt, cumin and pepper. Place tilapia fillets on parchment paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle salt mixture over both sides of each fillet. Drizzle with oil and dot each with butter. Bake in preheated 375 F (190 C) oven for about 15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Fill each tortilla with some of the cabbage, cucumber and cheese. Top with fish and a generous dollop of the sauce. Fold or roll the tortilla and place in a panini press or nonstick skillet over medium heat to brown both sides before serving. Serve with any remaining sauce.