Brandon’s Cheesy Quesadillas
Recipe by: Brandon
- 4 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1 each read, yellow and green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, chopped
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) canola oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp (2.5 mL) each salt and pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 pitas or tortillas (about 8 in. (20 cm) in diameter)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine tomatoes, red, yellow and green pepper, cilantro, red and green onion and garlic. Toss with oil, lemon juice, salt and paper. Spread onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and softened.
- Place pitas or tortillas onto another baking sheet and sprinkle 1/3 cup (80 mL) of cheese over each. Spread the veggies evenly on top and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Bake for about 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and pitas or tortillas are crisp.