Cauliflower Rice with Lemon and Parsley
Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
What looks and tastes like rice, but is actually a vegetable? It’s minced cauliflower! You can whirl your own cauliflower rice in a food processor, or you can buy bags of “cauliflower rice” in the vegetables & fruits section of the grocery store.
- 1 head cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons fresh chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Wooden skewers
- Small saucepan
- To cut the cauliflower into rice: Remove the core and coarsely chop the cauliflower into florets, then place the cauliflower (in 3 or 4 batches) in a food processor and pulse until the cauliflower is small and has the texture of rice or couscous – don’t over process or it will get mushy. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cauliflower.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- In a medium bowl, combine the riced cauliflower, olive oil, garlic and salt. Transfer to the prepared baking pan, spreading it out in a single layer.
- Roast in the oven 25 minutes, mixing halfway, until golden.
- Remove from oven, top with parsley and fresh lemon juice