Carnival Pasta Salad
Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
This salad looks like a carnival because of all the colours in it! When purple peppers are in season, add those in too! Peas also work well in this salad, which is great for potluck parties. It’s a crowd-pleaser.
- 375 g box whole grain fusilli or rotini pasta
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 red pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple vinegar
- 1 tablespoon white balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil (optional)
- Cutting board
- Large bowl
- Small bowl
- Prepare paste per directions on the box. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine carrot, peppers, and zucchini. Add pasta and toss to combine
- To prepare the vinaigrette, whisk Dijon, vinegars, salt and oil until smooth
- Add vinaigrette to pasta salad. Toss well, add Parmesan and basil (if using) and serve.