Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
This favorite Canadian dessert is super yummy with its buttery, sweet flakiness. We’ve made it faster to bake by using store-bought pastry. This is pure decadence and a great choice for a dessert at a party.
- 1 refrigerated pie pastry crust
- ¼ cup (½ stick) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup raisins
- Round cookie cutter
- Non-stick muffin pan
- Large bowl
- Whisk or fork
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Roll out pie pastry dough on a floured surface
- Using a large circular cookie cutter or large glass, cut out 6 circles, each about 4-inches wide. Place the circles into a non-stick muffin pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the butter, sugar, syrup, egg, vanilla and salt. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Divide the raisins amongst the 6 pastry shells, then top with 1 to 2 heaping tablespoons of butter-syrup mixture in each.
- Transfer to oven and bake about for 25 minutes, or until the filling is light brown and the pastry is golden.
- Remove from the oven and let cool before eating.