Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
All your favorite breakfast foods, wrapped up and tucked in. What a perfect way to start the day. Just make sure if you take this with you in the car, bus, train or walk with it, that you take an extra napkin for all the fun juiciness.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped veggies like spinach, broccoli, peppers or mushroom
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar, Swiss, or jack cheese
- One whole-wheat tortilla
- Small skillet
- Toaster oven, microwave or extra skillet
- In a small skillet, add the olive oil and turn on to medium-high heat.
- Add the veggies and cook, stirring, until heated through (about 1 to 2 minutes depending on the veggie).
- Add the egg and cheese to the vegetables in the skillet and scramble the egg until set (about 2-3 minutes).
- Spoon the hot egg mixture down the center of the tortilla and roll up. Eat. Yum!