Baked Potato Medley
Recipe by: Dietitians of Canada
Enjoy this stuffed baked potato for lunch and have fun making it ahead as well. This can easily be made the night before and warmed up the next day. Chopped chicken or ground beef can also be used instead of beans.
- 4 potatoes, scrubbed
- ¼ cup Plain yogurt
- 1 cup no salt added canned beans, drained and rinsed
- ½ cup chopped and cooked carrots or corn
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Bake potato in microwave for about 4 minutes and 30 seconds or until tender (time will vary).
- Cut potato in half and scoop out inside leaving about ½ inch (2.5 cm) border around inside. Mash the scooped out potato with yogurt. Stir in beans, carrots and cheese until well combined.
- Put filling back into potato halves before eating.
Used with permission from EatRight Ontario: www.eatrightontario.ca/en/Recipes/Side-dishes/Baked-Potato-Medley.aspx
© Dietitians of Canada